Relationship Therapy for
the Modern Couple
What is The Therapy?
What is the Therapy?
What happens in a session?
We are not supposed to be in therapy our whole lives, but building a healthy, safe, conscious relationship takes time. This therapy processes are not just a quick fix but a life long journey.
But when you are willing to start your journey you will gain:
- A new perspective on each other. In the power struggle, couples see each other as enemies where they lose their true identities. In the sessions you will learn how to become allies and true to yourselves. You will learn how your marriage is a recourse for repair and growth;
- You will learn how to engage in dialogue. Couples need more than good communication. Sometimes communication takes you towards a power struggle and just succeed in creating more distance. In the workshop, you will learn to talk about the good as well as the frustrations in the relationship in such a way that you can repair the connection and safety you have with one another.
- You will also learn to commit to the relationship and to help each other growth full of expression of aliveness. This will lead to more passion and a deeper love for each other; and
- You will develop a deep empathy for each other’s story. You will discover that your partner is not trying to harm you by being avoiding or intrusive. Instead, they are just trying to protect themselves against more pain. This empathy will create a new condition where your marriage becomes a place of healing. The power struggle will continue for as long as there is pain. Once the pain heals, the power struggle will dissolve.
What you can expect from participating in one of our available programs:
- Learn how to provide greater compassion for your partner (this is something that happens to everyone);
- Discover new skills to break destructive cycles of communication. Couples learn how to redirect negative energy from arguments towards creating passion and stability in an enhanced relationship;
- Understand that the unconscious forces that attract you to your partner are also the source of conflict. Participants receive more information about themselves and their partner, organized in a new, more thoughtful way;
- Equip yourself with the tools needed to re-romanticize your relationship and awaken the passion that you had for one another in the past;
- Help each other to accept and conclude childhood issues that could be obstacles to growing your relationship; and
- Learn how to use your relationship for emotional healing and spiritual evolution.
What we work with
Concepts that we engage with
Past & Present
The term Imago is Latin for “image” and refers to the “unconscious image of familiar love”. Simply put, there is often a connection between the frustrations experienced in adult relationships and early experiences
For example: If you felt abandoned as a child, you will most likely be sensitive to be alone or on your own. And often feel abandoned by your partner. The same if you felt, criticized, smothered, neglected, etc. These feelings will come up in your committed relationships.
When couples experience pain, they disconnect. This leads to a parallel relationship that feels more peaceful but is alone, separate and isolated. This can lead to breaking up, affairs, addictions or divorce. Imago Couples Therapy helps you to realize that you are not each other’s enemies. Solve the real problem: heal the pain that causes the disconnection.
Couples learn to connect through dialogue. When a problem connects with another problem, you have a power struggle. Imago Therapy helps you to connect as human beings, soul to souls, essence to essence. Then the magic of life follows.
When you feel unsafe in your relationship, you either hide away from contact or you want too much contact. That creates a nightmare in itself of feeling smothered or abandoned in relationships.
Imago teaches couples techniques on how to restore safety in their relationships when they do not feel safe. Safe is to be yourself with the other. There is no blame and critique and sulking. Results of safety are playing, intimacy, exploration, nurturing and growth